Basic Cheesecake Recipe
|October 24, 2011||Posted by Admin under Misc Cheesecake Recipes|
This is a basic cheesecake recipe that’s easy and quick to make. In addition, this recipe can be used as the starting point for more elaborate cheesecake recipes.
In many cases to create new dishes all you need to do is simply add a new topping such as a cherry or ablackberry topping. For other recipes, you’re going to add some secondary ingredients like nuts, chocolate, or maybe some fruit. Next, add you favorite extract, juice or liqueur with this and you’re finished. Easy.
For example for the Banana Cheesecake Recipe, the vanilla extract and lemon juice were taken out and Jamaican rum and coconut extract were added in their place. Other secondary ingredients were also added or taken out to suit one’s taste.
So by using this simple concept, you can devise the most elaborate of cheesecakes. Experiment on your own by adding small amounts of ingredients and taking a quick taste test to see how you like it. And even if the final cheesecake doesn’t come out just the way you like, it will still be sweet enough for someone to eat.
- Basic Cheesecake Recipe
- The Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups of Graham Crackers crumbs
- 1/4 pound (1 Stick) of melted Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) bars of softened Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- For the Crust: Preheat Oven at 350°F.
- Make your Graham cracker crumbs by using a food processor or simply place crackers in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Combine Graham Crackers, melted butter and sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Spread in the bottom of a 10″ springform pan and up 1 1/2 inch on the side.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place to the side.
- For the Filling: Preheat Oven at 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer blend soften cream cheese on low speed in a mixing bowl.
- Use spatula to scrape sides and paddle of mixer.
- Add sugar slowly, and continue to beat until creamy.
- You can add more or less to suit your taste.
- Add in eggs one at a time and continue to mix a lowest speed until eggs are incorporated in the batter.
- Add in cornstarch and continue to mix.
- FYI: Cornstarch is a binder which helps to prevent cracking in your cheesecake.
- Add in vanilla extract and whipped cream and mix until blended.
- Pour the mixture into your crust and use offset spatula to help scoop out the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or the top is slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to set before removing sides.
- Serve and enjoy your Basic Cheesecake Recipe.